Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By disclosing your personal information to us by using the Site, or speaking to us over the telephone you consent to the collection, storage and processing of your personal information as stated in this policy. We use the personal information we collect from you to provide our service to you. We will not rent, sell or share your personal information with any other company for its own marketing purposes without your consent except where mentioned in this policy. For the purpose of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 ("GDPR"), its successors or implementing texts, the data controller is MPG.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- if you register as a User of the Site, you will be asked to complete a form which will require you to provide some or all of your name, address, date of birth, email address, telephone number, bank account details, crypto currency(ies) wallet details and certain anti-money laundering compliance information including your passport and proof of address;
- when you contact us by email or telephone or through any contact form provided on the Site, we may ask you to provide some or all of the information set out in paragraph (a) above;
- we may collect, store and use information about your computer, mobile device or other item of hardware through which you access the Site and your visits to and use of the Site (including without limitation your IP address, geographical location, browser/platform type and version, Internet Service Provider, operating system, referral source/exit pages, length of visit, page views, Site navigation and search terms that you use); and
- in order to improve your experience in using the Site, we may store information relating to your previous browsing habits and purchases in order to select and suggest Goods that may be of interest to you.
We may also ask you to complete surveys and give feedback that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
How do we use personal information?
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to manage and administer the Site;
- to improve your browsing experience by personalising the Site;
- to enable you to use the Site;
- to enable Brands to deliver Goods to you and to handle returns and refunds;
- to send you newsletters and other relevant and targeted promotional communications;
- to deal with enquiries, complaints and feedback from you and our service providers;
- to provide third parties with statistical anonymised information about our Users;
- to publish generic transactional information relating to trades undertaken using the Site;
- to send you emails offering you to take part in a survey and/or give feedback;
- to analyse and improve the services offered on the Site
When might we disclose personal information?
Except to the extent required by any applicable law or governmental or judicial body, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party other than to a regulator or a service provider to whom we are required to disclose personal information in order for them to provide their services to us. We may use a qualified third party to perform anti-money laundering checks and other necessary and appropriate checks on you. In order for the third party to do this, we will disclose documentation containing personal information about you including without limitation your passport and other ID documentation.
Newsletters and other promotional communications
If you wish to subscribe to any newsletter published by us or wish to receive other targeted and relevant promotional communications from us or other carefully chosen affiliates, we offer you the option to “opt-in” to this service. If you change your mind and wish to stop receiving any such communications, please click the “unsubscribe” link in any email from us or set the toggle in “My Account, “My Preferences” in the “Off” position.
Cookies are text files stored, either on a temporary or persistent basis on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are used for authenticating, session tracking and maintaining specific information about the use and Users of the Site. The data collected by cookies is anonymous. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer's hard drive by searching for files with "cookie" in it and deleting them. In addition, if you want to stop cookies from being stored on your computer, you can edit your browser settings so that cookies are blocked. Unfortunately, if you block cookies you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Site. For more information about cookies, please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org
Web beacons consist of a small string of software code that represents a graphic image request on a page or email. There may or may not be a visible graphic image associated with the web beacon and often the image is designed to blend into the background of a page or email. Web beacons can be used for many purposes - including site traffic reporting, unique visitor counts, advertising auditing and reporting, and personalization. Web beacons used by the Site collect only anonymous data.
In order to improve the Site and the services we offer you, we may use (temporary and persistent) cookies, authorized third parties cookies, web beacons and/or other technologies to collect non-personally identifiable data. This non-personally identifiable data helps us to track browsing behaviour, to create specific or tailor-made offers or advertisements, and to monitor and record the visits and use of the Site. In order to understand how people use the Site and for marketing analysis and quality improvement purposes, we (and/or third party service providers) may collect, record, process and use on an anonymous basis certain information (including the total number of transactions, viewed pages, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp information and details like the number and location of mouse clicks on a given page, mouse movements, scrolling activity and the search words you use while being on and using the Site.
Where we store your personal data?
The GDPR gives you the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by setting the notification preferences in your account. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us by email or visit us at our headoffice located at Brielselaan 85 in Rotterdam.
Access to information
The GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the GDPR. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.